May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Riding the Rollercoaster

Funny how sometimes you're up, sometimes you're down.  Today, I'm up.  Yesterday and most of last week, I was down, way down, not just hanging upside down but desperately grabbing onto the bar of the rollercoaster after falling out of my seat while upside down down.  I even had to talk with my OB's nurse about making a birth plan today and it didn't so much as jar me in my seat.  I'm at the peak of the climb, just waiting for the next breathless fall into oblivion.  Today I am enjoying the view, near the clouds, near where heaven is just out of reach.  I look outside onto a landscape blanketed in vivid white snow set against a dull grey skyline.   Just hours ago the sun brightly illuminated my dining table where I sat playing with play foam and my two youngest daughters.  We made ducks, cakes and princess castles and sadly my four-year old's designs were superior to my own.  It is nice to have a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...