May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Our Little Red Riding Hood

Within the last week, I have received some amusing inquiries from my two oldest daughters.  At separate times they have each told me, "My Mommy, what a big tummy you have" and "My Mommy, what big boobies you have" (I'm only slightly paraphrasing due to my post title).  I have explained that my tummy is getting bigger because the baby is bigger and that inquiry is then resolved.  The question about my chest however has been a little more painful to explain.  I answer that my chest is expanding because my breasts are preparing for milk to come in to feed the baby after he or she is born.  This prompted my six year old to comment casually that the baby will not need to eat.  Of course she is right so then I had to further explain that my body doesn't know the baby is sick, it only knows that the baby is in there and it needs to prepare to care for it.  It was a very nonchalant discussion not worth of tears , just the curiosity of a child.  However, from the mother's perspective it was difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...