May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hiccups!?!

Sometime during this last week, my 30th, baby has begun having hiccups regularly. I remember this point in Wyatt's pregnancy very clearly. Because it gave me hope. We were told that Wyatt had little to no amniotic fluid in the womb and without that fluid to swallow and circulate his lungs would not develop properly. But hiccups occur when babies practice breathing in utero, right, so if Wyatt had the hiccups but didn't have working lungs, how could that be? I prayed even harder that the doctors were wrong and that a miracle would occur. If you have read my prior posts or Wyatt's story link on the main page, you know how that turned out.

So, now it is time for this baby to hiccup it's way through my days, and nights more often. I know now that it does not mean the doctors are wrong, that the baby still has no fluid and is likely sucking at air with his or her little underdeveloped lungs. What I do know is that if this baby is anything like his or her big brother he or she is doing everything necessary to grow big and strong. That underdeveloped lungs are better than none at all. That wonders are all around us, even if they are not miracles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...