May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Friday, January 28, 2011

Coming Unhinged

I am having a very rough week physically and emotionally. The baby, and I, are getting bigger. Or at least just I am. Potter's babies are usually small but Wyatt defied those statistics weighing it at a whopping 6lb 8oz at 37 weeks so I am hopefully this baby will be a good size and I really feel like he or she is getting plumper! However, with that weight comes discomfort of course and it is getting harder and harder to get things done. I also fear the baby is stuck in a transverse position like Wyatt was. When I was pregnant with Wyatt I could literally see him stretching my stomach horizontally and it was an extremely unpleasant feeling. I believe this little one's head is on the right side of my stomach and the body curls down my pelvis though I think the feet may be more down than to the side. So when baby decides to do a full body stretch it is quite uncomfortable, especially considering that there is little to no amniotic fluid to cushion either of us.

Emotional pain is amplifying the physical pain, the pelvic discomfort, the backaches and the general exhaustion from lack of sleep. Tears flow easy and hard. I told my husband that I am on my last hinge, thank goodness it is almost the weekend. He picks up alot of slack in the mornings before work and when he gets home, but the weekends are my salvation, two whole days where I am not the sun and the moon for our children. They have been at each other's throats and consequently trampling my nerves all week long. We are all hurting so badly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...