May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Friday, February 11, 2011

I Don't Want to Forget

I realized today that part of my reason for blogging this is so that I don't forget. It's what I don't forget that I hadn't completely sorted out prior to today. I wanted to document the pain, the difficulty, the ordinarily mundane things that become completely overwhelming when facing the death of your child. What I forgot that I didn't want to forget is really what this is all about. It's about me. The me that I am right now.

This me is a different me than I was eight years ago before losing Wyatt. This me is a different me than I was three months ago before finding out about this little one's Potter's Syndrome. She doesn't have a name, just a voice. This is my chance to capture what photographs can't before she is gone again. Because I anticipate that this me will no longer exist in four weeks.

Today I am strong. I am competent. I am a mother. The sun shines brightly outside, the air is warm and the winds blow change into our lives. A warm air that we have not felt for some time, the promise of spring and of new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...