May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Friday, February 25, 2011

I Can Now Partially Exhale

All week I have been holding my breath waiting for this morning to pass. This morning our two youngest daughters had ultrasounds of their kidneys and bladders. It is a necessary piece of this puzzle for us in the hopes of finding some answers as to why two of our children have not developed kidneys. We have to make sure that all of the rest of us have kidneys and then whether those kidneys are normal and functioning. I had mine scanned at our level two ultrasound in December and verified there are two non-remarkable kidneys inside of me, sadly, there should be four right now. Our oldest has had hers scanned before related to a urinary tract infection and urine reflux condition which was subsequently discovered so we have verified that she has two. So, then it was just my husband and two littlest ones to go. Today was the girls' day. I exhaled (partially) when I was able to verify that each girl does indeed have two kidneys and I will save the rest of that breath until we can confirm that they are normal looking and functioning kidneys. I thank God for letting those kidneys be there today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...