May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Funny Thing Happened While Planning a Funeral

Today I received a call from my parish nun regarding an email I sent yesterday to her and the priest about funeral arrangements. She was wondering if we could get together to do some planning. I was excited to have some help since my husband is not religious and that's not exactly "his thing" so we set up a meeting for later this morning and she graciously offered to come to our house. Sister arrives and we sit down at the kitchen table and begin looking at readings and talking about the service. My two youngest daughters are happily dancing in the adjoining living area. The older one catches my attention and points to her youngest sister. I look up and see the little one running around with just her shirt and underpants on. I asked her to please put her pants back on to which she promptly refused. They disappeared for a minute and returned to the living room both without their pants.

My children dancing around the living room with no pants on and a nun at my kitchen table. Seriously. I just couldn't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...