May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day Little One

Happy Valentine's Day to my precious little baby. The reason I can barely put my own shoes on anymore. I know I will miss feeling your solid little body every time I bend over, but I will also welcome the sight of my own feet again. I hope you will enjoy the chocolate that I am consuming and will continue to consume throughout the day, it's mostly for me but I have never denied any of my baby's the exquisite pleasure of tasting chocolate. You may not be surrounded by amniotic fluid, but you are surrounded by warm, encompassing love today. The love of your father and I and the love of your siblings, whose hot and cold little hands have taken a real liking to you as of late. Especially the youngest who insists that my shirt be "opened" so that she can properly feel you. I enjoy being able to place their small hands on your tiny head almost as much as I enjoy caressing that little head myself. Grow strong in our love, little one, and be prepared for lots and lots of valentine kisses when we meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...