May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Take Care of Your Children

I live in a cold part of the country during the winter.  Each weekday morning I walk my daughter about a block and half away to wait for the school bus.  There are two young children that also ride that bus and come, more often than not, without winter gloves on.  It is absolutely heartbreaking to see neglect of a child's basic care and comfort and makes when I see something like that I can only imagine what kind of emotional and spiritual care those children receive.  I am by no means a perfect parent, I am human, and because of that I feel for others, especially children.  Children are so easy to bring into this world for most, and so lightly undertaken by some.  My heart was made very heavy this morning watching those children out in approximately 10 degree temps with bare little hands while mine were icing within my own gloves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...