May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Driving through Potholes

Winter has been long and harsh the last few years, this year being no exception. We had white snow covered ground just last week and may see snow again this weekend! The extended periods of snow are very damaging to our streets so the first things we see when the snow melts are not tulips, crocuses or daffodils, they are potholes. Big, small and in between.

While driving yesterday I was reminded how life can imitate a street full of potholes. I'm guessing few people have the kind of lives that are smooth and bump free like a newly paved interstate. Most of us drive along on older roads paved long ago that are bumpy and cracked and full of potholes. Some of those potholes we can see as we drive along and we're able to swerve around them, completely avoiding any damage. Others are either hidden or we are so distracted that we do not notice them until our wheel dips down and our car angrily complains. I hit the latter type this morning. I was awake when my husband got up to get ready for work this morning at 5:30. Normally I am asleep for about another hour but today I laid alone in the dark and it hit me hard that I should be sitting in our rocking chair watching the morning news nursing Eli like I did so many mornings two years ago with our youngest. Those early morning moments were so precious to me, just me and her and a random newscaster alone in the dark snuggling. I did not see that one coming. It appears to have messed up my car's alignment for the day, hopefully I can get back on track. Potholes . . . can I get someone to pave some of these holes, please?

1 comment:

  1. Mandy,
    This illustration is perfect. Full of pot holes.
    My goodness you are just fantastic....i'm gonna have to use this someday. :)

    I'm sorry that your not having a good day. Sending you hugs-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...