May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Friday, July 29, 2011

Shredded

With this title you may expect to read a tale involving deep emotion and pain. I will give you pain ... and hopefully a laugh as well.

I recently entered a new chapter in my post baby weight loss journey. I purchased my first dvd workout - Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred. I do it every other day alternating with running rather than every day as intended. One word - intense. In one twenty minute workout I sweat more than a 30 minute 3 mile run, it is ridiculous! It probably doesn't help that I just recently discovered she recommends starting with a set of 3 lb weights and I've been using 5 lb weights.

So my husband and I joke about how "shredded" I am getting since beginning the workout program and my daughters have heard. Our almost 3 year old says she does not want me to be "swredded" because she has perceived it as being a bad thing instead of being a bada@%. She has the most precious pronunciation when she tells me this it is almost impossible not to laugh at her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...