May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Alone in the Ring

I feel like I'm standing in the middle of a boxing ring, gloves on, hands raised, muscles tensed, eyes focused on the fight ahead. Yet when I look around I am all alone and almost paralyzed with fear. I have no way to block the blows raining down upon me, no coach in my corner to guide me to victory, no training to fall back on. That's pretty much how I feel right now. My opponent is Potters sequence, specifically bilateral renal agenesis. It has taken two of my sons and I want to know why. I have no training to assist me in this fight and those that I have asked for help have let me down more than absorbed the blows. I would just like one person to say "let me help you" and be able to do that. I have made a few more attempts today in the hopes of throwing a few punches of my own, hopefully they land in the right place. It is painfully obvious there are no answers right now and may never be, but I would be too remiss to not make every effort that I can. So I keep fighting alone waiting for someone to step into my corner.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry that this Potters Syndrome is taking away your joy. I understand a bit when doctors told me (this has now been disproved) that my daughter had Allagille syndrome. That was devastating me and there weren't a lot of answers just news that wasn't good. I hate that science and technology hasn't advanced enough to give us aching mothers the answers we deserve.
    Thinking of you mandy,
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...