May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Friday, December 6, 2013

Extraordinariness Oversimplified

I am moved this morning to remember Nelson Mandela and his undying legacy.  Mr. Mandela's time on earth has passed but time will not pass him by.  Mr. Mandela's words, actions and legacy will live on in eternity.  He was an extraordinary man who accomplished extraordinary things in the most understated of ways and that to me is true greatness.   Invictus - Latin for "unconquered" and inspiration and motivation in my life every day.

Invictus

BY WILLIAM ERNEST HENLEY
Out of the night that covers me,
      Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
      For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
      I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
      My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
      Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
      Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
      How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
      I am the captain of my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...