May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind always be at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face, and rains fall soft upon your fields.
And until we meet again, May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
-Irish Blessing

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Fraud

Yesterday my credit card company called and informed me that my account had been flagged for fraud. What they believed was fraud was actually a billing error which snowballed into an hour's worth of phone calls between myself, the credit card company and the retailer. I spend my part mostly on hold screaming unmentionable things regarding my credit card company whom I hold completely at fault.

This is not the first time that this credit card company has cried fraud and this is one time too many. Credit card company, the time has come, I'm breaking up with you. You tend to take more than you give, talk more than you listen and you are way too paranoid.

Fraud has a place in my life. Smiles are faked, glances at babies and bellies are quickly averted. These things I'm willing to deal with, they are coping mechanisms and really more like fibs. The babies and bellies move on and the sharp pains in my heart quickly subside as they do. You, oh mighty credit card company, take much more cajoling and effort to get rid of. It is you who is fraudulent, not me.

1 comment:

  1. I hate dealing with that stuff! Someone did actually use my credit card number once. Some guy used it to rack up almost $3000 worth of stuff in Africa, while I was sleeping peacefully in bed in Pensacola, FL. Ever since that happened, if I spend more than $100 or so, they call to make sure it's a legit charge. It's awesome they're trying, but it's soooo irritating.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...